NT / 2000 / XP Platforms Setup and Administration
Microsoft Exchange Server Administration, Setup and Administration
Win 9x, Linux and Macintosh
DNS / DHCP / WINS
Active Directory and Remote Installation Services
Citrix Metaframe and Terminal Services
Enterprise Backup Systems- Veritas, ARCserveIT
TCP, IPX, SNMP Configuration and Troubleshooting
SMTP, Proxy, IIS, FTP Services
Network and End-User Support
Software / Hardware Conflict Resolution
Disaster Recovery and Prevention, Systems Performance Analysis
Setup and Configuration of Compaq Servers, Dell Servers, KVM’s and APC / UPS
Gigabit Ethernet and Fiber optic LAN / WAN Configuration
Switches and Routers – Extreme Gear, Cisco, HP, LinkSys, BlackDiamond
LAN / WAN Security, VPN, Mail Filtering and Virus Detection Planning
Web Design and Media Application Support, DreamWeaver - Photoshop
4817 W 142nd Street
Hawthorne, Ca 90250
To secure employment with a strong company as an Enterprise Systems Engineer, Information Systems LAN Specialist, Contract IT specialist or member of an IT Infrastructure development team.
Seeking to further expand my personal knowledge, skills and expertise in working with multiple OS platforms, current / new technologies and enterprise hardware/software solutions in the LAN / WAN environment.
10 Years Experience administering, setting up and trouble shooting Microsoft Exchange Server and messaging clients, as well as support / configuration of Exchange Third-party plugins from BlackBerry, WorldSecure, ArcServe, Veritas and HP. User maintenance, account creations, Site Connector configuration and Performance Monitoring over multiple LAN / WAN messaging environments. Skilled in Exchange disaster recovery and planning. Have worked with setting up NT/2000 single master and multiple-master domain models capable of supporting over 80,000 users.
8 Years professional experience setting up, administering and trouble shooting Win 3.11, Win 95/98, NT, 2000, XP and Macintosh OS platforms. Performed numerous software and hardware upgrades and have dealt with trouble shooting many types of issues including PC software / hardware conflicts and networking / RAS connectivity problems.
10 Years experience installing and administering Microsoft Windows NT / 2000 Workstation, NT / 2000 Server and all major MS Windows services in a multiple master domain LAN / WAN environment.
Experience with 2000 Active Directory structure and Remote Installation Services, creation of MSI packages for seamless remote client updates.
Disaster prevention / recovery planning and administration of Enterprise-level backup services using ARCserveIT 2000 and Veritas NetBackup in a multiple-location office environment. Creation of server file security and user security policy management.
Expertise with administration of MS Office 97, 2000 and XP productivity suites. IIS, RAS, DNS, DHCP, interior and exterior networking protocols including RIP, BGP, IP, IPX and Appletalk. Configuring / installing server hardware, routers, firewalls and Virus Detection software.
Experience configuring and trouble shooting most models of Cisco Routers, Access Devices and Switches. Configuration and management of Cisco VPN, Security and Remote Access services. WAN and LAN design, setup and maintenance.
Key talents in LAN / WAN network security analysis using a host of 3rd party tools such as Nmap, ISS, L0pht, NAI Sniffer and others. Familiar with wireless network security.
Most recent technologies worked with include:
· WorldSecure enterprise server mail filtering and virus scanning for Exchange
· Veritas Netbackup
· ArcServeIT 2000
· Raptor Secure Firewall and VPN client / server software
· NetScreen hardware firewall and remote VPN hardware devices
· Altiris Express remote deployment server and client software
· Cisco AS5300 RAS Server, 2000, 3000 series routers / switches
· MS Office XP Professional
· RIM BlackBerry Wireless Email devices and Enterprise Server
· Citrix Metaframe servers and ICA Client packages
· All models of Compaq Proliant Servers and Workstations, IBM servers
· HP ShureStore and Compaq robotic DLT libraries
· HP JetDirect print servers and JetAdmin software
· HP 9100 internetworked Digital Senders, HP Network printers
February 2003 to Present
Private Technology and Internetworking Security Consultant,
Los Angeles, California
Currently working as a private Corporate Technology and Security Consultant
in the Los Angeles / Torrance area.
Most recent client consultation was for Honda of America corporate office located in Torrance.
I was able to successfully advise them on upgrading existing 56k analog lines to 386k DSL, a modest Cisco router with VPN and firewall capabilites for the warehouse location, and an objective cost analysis and timeline for the project.
Can provide a complete client list if required.
Variable Contract Rate: $75 - $150 / Hr
February 2002 to February 2003
Obtaining additional accredited training in advanced Cisco Technologies
Network Masters Program,
International Consortium of Technology Professionals www.ICTP.com
Presently ¾’s completed with obtaining CCIE certification.
Licenses currently completed include CCNA, CCDA, CCNP and NAI Sniffer Certified Professional.
Objective of attending this professional training academy was to validate, solidify and advance my previous few years worth of informal “on the job” Cisco experience.
ICTP boasts some of the finest real-world Cisco Engineers as instructors, and their 4 million dollar Cisco lab includes every single router and switch produced to date, front-ended by Sun Sparc stations.
My chosen curriculum has been intensely focused on the configuration and trouble shooting of Cisco equipment and all major Cisco services, and implementation / management of interior / exterior LAN / WAN communication protocols and security.
June 2001 to January 2002
Senior Systems Engineer, Technical Specialist
Gray Cary Ware & Freidenrich, LLP www.graycary.com/
San Diego, California
LAN / WAN network systems and data backup administrator for firm wide data center located in our San Diego main office.
Administration and maintenance of enterprise backup systems for main data center and Southern regional offices. Disaster recovery and planning for all MS Exchange, SQL, Domino and critical file servers firm wide, responsible for optimization and troubleshooting of the entire Southern region messaging infrastructure.
Monitor and maintain WorldSecure Exchange Email Firewall, set up encrypted VPN email links between corporate client domains and troubleshoot / maintain firm wide BlackBerry server for MS Exchange wireless clients.
Administration, maintenance and optimization of the LAN, WAN and 24x7 critical
NT / 2000 Data Center servers. Responsible for new server additions and upgrades.
Administration of the Postmaster mail account for all external mail addressed to Postmaster@graycary.com
Monitor and optimize switches, routers, hubs and fiber optics.
Receive direction from Firm Security Analyst and maintain, audit and upgrade security for the LAN and WAN- Particularly User Policies, Remote Access and IIS web services.
Manage Altiris Remote Deployment Server and design installation packages for firm wide PC client upgrades.
· One of three team leads during our brand new Data Center build out. Personally responsible for Visio blueprinting and design of Data Center layout, wiring, and air conditioning requirements. Helped to co-ordinate between contractors and upper level IS management ensuring all time lines for completion were achieved. Myself and two other team leads solved a major error which almost caused a complete disaster within our new Data Center. The electricians wired every single punchdown backwards and improperly cut every piece of Fiber cable. We worked 24hrs straight through re-doing everything correctly to ensure meeting our operational deadline. We were successful and took our brand new Data Center on line with no problems!
· Planning, design and build out of brand new Altiris server software suite for production use over the LAN and WAN, covering 11 offices and 2100 end-user PC’s. My design and implementation led to a quick and painless remote upgrade of Windows 2000 Professional to all 2100 of our workstation PC’s firm wide, saving countless man-hours, time and money. Deployment of Altiris Server Reporting Tool also improved organizational efficiency by being able to accurately maintain software inventory of all workstations.
· Design and creation of automated daily backup program for user workstations, particularly our mobile users with laptops. This new addition greatly increased ease of recovery for lost user data and reduced the amount of time that IS floor support would spend on a trouble call to restore lost data.
· Salary: $25 / Hr. Plus Benefits
March 2001 to June 2001
LAN Specialist / End-User Support,
Apex Systems Inc. for Gray Cary Ware & Freidenrich, LLP
San Diego, California
Primary job duties include support of 1500 PC workstations and 1400 end-users in a large-scale enterprise LAN / WAN environment. Responsible for client / server based end-user applications and troubleshooting any LAN problems or network printing issues.
Responsible for the installation, setup and configuration of Win98 and 2000 PC workstations. Responsible for installing and setting up WAP services for the end-user such as BlackBerry wireless email devices.
Setup and support of software and hardware VPN devices for secured remote access, and remote access to the LAN via Citrix MetaFrame and Terminal Services.
· Participated in and helped coordinate office-wide test rollout of Windows 2000 Professional and Office 2000 on 260 new high-end Compaq DeskPro workstations.
· Discovered flaws in originally configured image of operating system and suggested changes, which led to a better and more stable platform.
· Presented report on memory deficiencies present on current PC’s, and the benefits of upgrading to more RAM on every workstation firm wide. My conclusions led to a large-scale purchase of RAM for our entire firm, which led to increased user efficiency and less downtime.
· Was commissioned to single-handedly support a 24x7 remote office located in Richmond, Virginia during one of our company’s most important client cases. Personally supported 12 Attorneys, 7 receptionists, local LAN, workstations, networked printers, copiers, file servers and domain controllers for that region. Also coordinated office phone line installations and VPN integration, and monitored secured broadband WAN connectivity between the remote office and corporate Data Center.
· Prevented a major file-loss disaster at the Richmond office by implementing a local backup system for critical data files- Three days after starting backups we had a major data loss, which was immediately recoverable from the new backup archive I had created.
· Salary: $22 / Hr. Plus Benefits
February 1999 to February 2001
Network Administrator / Web Designer, Encompas, LLC.
Job duties include administration, management and support of a LAN environment comprised of NT servers and Win 98 machines.
· Designed, setup and implemented brand-new Ethernet client / server-based network from scratch. Prior to my employment with this company, they were running all Win98 machines in a peer-to-peer configuration, which was questionable at best.
· Coordinated company-wide rollout of PC workstation / server OS upgrades, and installed backup / recovery systems. Installed primary and backup servers and implemented a single master domain network model for the company.
· Implemented user accounts, email accounts and designed system security policies.
· Designed, implemented and administered a disaster recovery program for critical system files and data servers.
· Setup networked broadband connectivity to the internet for all users through the LAN. Installed and configured secure network firewall and anti-virus software for the LAN, enabled pop-3 and SMTP email for local network users using MS Proxy Server, DNS and 3rd-party mail software.
· Design and creation of E-commerce enabled website for company's new line of pet products, re-designed product logos which directly resulted in an increase of sales and product recognition. To view the current website visit www.XtremePetProducts.com.
· Salary: $58,500 including benefits + bonuses
January 1993 to June 1998
Owner / Manager, Lewis Audio & Electronics
Owned, operated and managed retail electronics specialty store consisting of 14 employees and two locations..
Sell / configure / install network computer systems, LAN design and high-end audio systems for home, mobile and business use. Specialized in server-based smart-home applications.
Established contracts with Sam Sung Electronics, Radio Shack and local businesses.
· Salary: $40,000 annual + quarterly net
Benefits or Contracted Rate
International Consortium of Technology Professionals, Irvine
Network Masters Program
February 2002 to February 2003
Intense training and field implementation in all facets of Cisco internetworking.
Currently licensed CCNA, CCDA, CCNP
Soon to finish CCIE status
Altiris Training Center, San Diego
ACE training for Altiris Express Suite
Altiris Systems Certified Engineer for the complete client / server remote management suite of software.
Vortex Data Systems- San Diego, California
MCSE Continued Training for Windows 2000
Microsoft Certified Professional for Windows 2000 Networks
· Certified Network Systems Engineer for Windows 2000 Networks and O/S.
· Certified Setup and Administration of 2000 Server, 2000 Advanced Server and 2000 Professional.
· Certified in TCP/IP Networking Protocols Under a Windows 2000 environment.
Global Network Technologies- Tacoma, Washington www.gnt-inc.com MCP, MCSE
June 2000 to August 2000
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer and Microsoft Certified Professional
· Certified Network Systems Engineer for NT Server and Workstation.
· Certified NT Systems Administrator for enterprise-level networks.
· Certified in TCP/IP, IPX/SPX and other WAN/LAN networking protocols.
· Certified Microsoft Exchange Administrator.
Hawaii Pacific University- Honolulu, Hawaii www.hpu.com Entrepreneurial Business
September 1989 to June 1993
Major - Entrepreneurial Business Administration.
Additional education in Computer Science.
McKinley High School- Honolulu, Hawaii
July 1981 to June 1985
Available on next page…
Annual Salary: Willing to negotiate and open to any fair offer.
Contract: Established at current market rate pertaining to job title and duties.
A Brief Summary of Technical and Personal Strengths
I have a high aptitude for all things encompassing Internetworking Technology, and I’m a very fast learner with new products.
Having a pure personal enjoyment for my field of work, I have always found it easy to grasp new concepts and new technology. I love a fast-paced environment and being able to put my set of skills to work fully and completely. I enjoy being part of an IT team of skilled individuals and collaborating on highly technical and time-sensitive projects, although I am disciplined enough to take initiative and work independently.
My key primary strengths would be in the areas of network and software troubleshooting, documentation of policies and proper procedures / practices, network protocol configuration and tuning, server documentation and building, email connectivity and security, virus planning / detection / avoidance and LAN / WAN security.
I am proficient with communicating technical issues to non-technical professionals (I.E. between IS and upper-level non-IS management), as well as dealing directly with other IT personnel. I have found this interpersonal skill to be highly valuable during my career in IT, as many technology professionals have not developed their communication skills outside of the server room. Having had a previous background in business, and having been a business owner has proved to be an excellent asset in my current line of work.
What I enjoy most about being an IT professional is the ever-changing face of technology and the ever-challenging environment it provides.
Joe Zone, General Manager
Apex Systems, Inc.
San Jose, California
Edward Brown, Database Manager
Michael Reese, Network Manager
Gray Cary Ware and Friedenrich, LLP
San Diego, California
Bruce Ranyard, Owner
Motion Dynamics, Inc
Honolulu, Hawaii and Hawthorne, California